Monday, October 26, 2009
I'm saying an extra prayer today that I will always remember to take the time to hold my Norah as close as possible and smell her sweet skin. I feel very fortunate that I've been able to take the time out of work to give her so much attention and bond with her. My worst fear is that it will go away when I go back to work and I will not be able to juggle everything. I want my daughter to grow up knowing it's okay to hug me and count on me to be supportive and encouraging. I don't want my daughter to grow up knowing how stressed I am filling so many roles. It will be more and more important for me to stop and breathe and not let that stress get to me, and I will need to remember to make a conscious effort to appreciate the small things. I know I can only begin to imagine how quickly she will grow. I don't want to forget how my baby feels in my arms, whether she's one month old or twelve years old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment