Things that made today wonderful...

- Slept until 10, and got cuddled a little. Don't be misled; we were up several times throughout the night, but we were able to replenish those lost hours of sleep.
- Ohio State won.
- Had a long visit from Jayna (my littlest sister) today. We don't see her often enough anymore because she moved to Louisville to be an English teacher. Norah appreciated seeing her.
- Jayna and I made pumpkin spice muffins from a new recipe. It's a keeper, but a little less ginger next time, and I'll add nutmeg. Matt refuses to eat the muffins because I put golden raisins in them. I told him they were just apple chunks. He did not buy it. Thank goodness my dad lives three blocks away. He saved the day by bringing me an egg for the muffins.
- Matt and I (and Norah) had Indian food with Jayna and my aunt Laurie. It has been probably a month or so since we had Indian; we went once a week or so while I was pregnant. Matt likes to hypothesize that Norah has so much dark hair everywhere because of all the chicken mushroom and naan that I ate.
- We were able to relax when we got home; I even got to have an extra cup of decaf. I don't know where this coffee kick is coming from. I feel like an old person.
- Gave Norah her first sink bath on the spongy frog. She only cried at the beginning, but stopped when I turned on the iPod (Bob Marley today) and covered her with the bath luve. (That thing is GENIUS!) We dried off and got happy by dancing to Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. Her hair dried into a pointy mohawk, which is awesome. She smells like a lavender angel.
- Matt and I just had a good day together. Some days we are totally in sync and able to enjoy each other so much, when we don't have to worry about getting here or there or anything else that bogs you down in life. I love those days.
- I thought about how many great people I know, how incredible my friends are, and how I'm blessed because Norah has brought so many more wonderful people into my life, or closer to me.
- Reglan is working!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day!
Post a Comment